Sunday, November 9, 2008

I have a talent for missing opportunity. Also one for dwelling on it.

So. I didn't vote. A black man was elected to office and while I knew the state would go my way, I wasn't part of it. I voted in the last 2 elections but not in this one. I was too busy.

I have to stop being the kid lying on the floor alone while everyone else eats chocolate cake downstairs.

Ok, yes, I was studying and that time will maybe save my semester, but I still feel bad about it. Normally, I could care less which bad candidate wins but this time I wanted an Obama win. I didn't think he would win at all, but I wanted him too. And I didn't vote. My ballot wasn't cast.

/sigh

How much do tests matter? Actually, the problem is not the test or the election. The problem is that I didn't start the semester very efficiently.

So, fix that. Fix it. No beating myself up. I didn't vote, but I was there and I was doing what I was supposed to be. No beating myself up.

I'm taking the night off too, insha'Allah. With maybe an occasional math homework break. And I'm home. Yay! First time in a while.

No regrets. Move on. It's done. Move on.

No comments: