Saturday, November 8, 2008

I forgot what I was going to write in the time it took to log in. Oh, I remember: I forgot to ask for decaf. I'm at CakeLove again. I can feel the caffeine starting to course through my veins. This is NOT a good thing. Crud.

Oh, I went to DC to find about about GW TKD this morning. I missed the class and then got lost and totally missed it. WTB streets that actually are where they geographically should be. Fewer circles, k thx. But, I saw a bunch of people with sparring gear coming out from the class and talked to them. So now, at least I know where they practice.

Also, stare central. Yeesh. @ GW people: Muslim, not terrorist. Not monster, not freak. Human being. Muslim. Like, I pray 5 times a day. I could care less about hurting you. I have better things to do. Like do shit despite you.

Anyway.

I'm learning to play poker. No, really, the next project for comp sci is a poker game so in order to implement the class, I have to learn the rules of poker. Interesting, so far. It looks like a fun project. I think I kind of like programming. I might like it more if I could just get my time under control. We'll see.

Tuesday, insha'Allah, I am going to the tkd class. I have to email them. I realized I'm not going to have friends/more of a life without changing something. Although, I'm not even sure I want or need either. Well, friends would be nice, but except for people, my life is pretty full.

I came out to my guild as a super-genius type smart person, not really though. I just told them about getting kicked out of nursing school for being 14. That was probably a good thing though, considering the international or Western world value of an African nursing degree. I need to do a story of my life series of posts. In due time. It'd probably be good for me.

Anyway, the conclusion I've come to is that it is a liability, not an asset to have been that..not smart, but whatever I was, that early. Shoot, I didn't even tell them I started college when I was 9. It seemed pretentious, like: *in haughty voice* "well, no, actually, I was extremely, awesomely, hugely smart." Even though it wasn't like that. It is not worth a whole lot now, except for weirdness and the fact that I have no clue how to be. All I can do, I think, is not let the starers and asswipes matter enough to hurt me or to stop me from doing something I really want to do. There's not much else for it. I'm not really a person. I don't know how to exist and they don't teach that sort of thing, if you miss it from 9 to 19, when all the normal people learned it. Whee.

Anyway, back to work.

Anyway. I figured I'd say it again, since I've said it so much already in this post.

ANYWAY.

No comments: