Saturday, December 13, 2008

My sister made unbelievable brownies. I am drowning in chocolate bliss. My sister gives me Nyasha complex, which is basically where the younger sister is perfect and the older is a spoiled bitch.

I wouldn't describe myself as a spoiled bitch. (Usually I'm self-aware enough to avoid that.) My sister is perfect though. She takes care of my grandmother half time, she does whatever my parents ask of her, she doesn't complain, is taller (not much, but taller) and prettier and skinnier than me and she's perfect. I can't help thinking that anyone I know would like her more. Plus, my dad likes her.

I'm not really jealous of her, but only because I love her, wouldn't trade her for anything. It's hard sometimes though to exist in the face of that kind of perfection. Especially because I don't think my dad likes me. I'm way too independent, I think, and lately, opinionated. I don't know how he feels about me. He doesn't talk to me though, unless I actively try to have a conversation with him. It's hard to describe and odd and a little strained, maybe more than a little. People in general don't react well to me without a lot of work though, I guess. I don't know.

I need to write my life story after exams. Then I need to read it as a casual observer, although I'm not sure I can do that. I need to get back to studying. Chain rule!

No comments: