Saturday, January 3, 2009

Things I've done this (last) year

Since this is supposed to be a blog where I live free despite being wierd and broke and lonely and wierd and did I mention lonely?, here's the recap of things I did and places I went in 2008. Places I went: Love Cafe. I ate cupcakes, had my first latte and did lots and lots of studying. (I ordered it accidentally but was pleasantly surprised.) Get the middle window seat/couch/booth thingie if you can. Sit at one end of the table and 2 studying student types can fit, which is great for pretending you're less lonely than you are.

Mocha Hut. Bigger than Love Cafe but quieter. I think LC has more laptop hookups, although MH comes out ahead in the wireless division.

I like LC better. It's cozy, the conversational volume is just right for feeling less lonely, and I've not yet had a problem staking out an outlet for the omnipresent laptop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sugar...this is a hard town to feel ANYTHING other than lonely in... trust me...
xoxo