Saturday, January 17, 2009

Springish Cleaning (preemptively)

No complaining about my diet yet, but here's my yesterday afternoon:

I'm cleaning my room.

That would be the room in my parents' house that I moved out of last April. I didn't clean it when I left. I haven't cleaned it all year. I've been storing stuff in here, mostly mail and empty boxes...and cat filth, aka the gunk, detritus, claw sheddings, clumpy fur sheddings and various furry odors my cat leaves behind after occupying a space.

My rugs need to be thrown out. Oh, and in addition to the cat filth, the cat has destroyed what little pile these rugs had in the first place.

So I'm cleaning my room. Finally. The room isn't as bad as it sounds, I can be in here, but the rugs need replacing.

This is what I've done so far:

2pm: Went downstairs for garbage bags.

2:05: Hugged Mom who is knitting in the sunroom and watching House. Stood there watching house for a minute. Asked Mom where the garbage bags were.

2:10: Left sunroom. Forgot to get garbage bags. Went back upstairs.

2:15: Looked up something on the internet. Debated whether to go back downstairs for garbage bags.

2:35: Turned on WERS for All Acapella radio show. Just missed getting to hear Dani California (sound file). Here's the rest of that album. Linking here in no way promises every song is any good, although that group does some good work.

2:40: Surfed the internet. Started blog post.

2:45: Got up and went back downstairs to get garbage bags, missed part of Sea Breeze (sound file). Talked to Mom again, told her I forgot garbage bags. Rubbed the fuzzy head of the appreciative cat lounging in front of the kitchen heater.

2:50: Brought the garbage bag back upstairs. Blogged more. Read a Halushki post.

3:00: Shelved some library books. Leafed through them while shelving. Realized that though I had read one of them, I had no memory of it. Considered that a good thing because I am looking forward to reading the book. Found Po Bronson's website while trying to get Google to give me the Amazon listing for the book. Tore myself away from the temptation to browse, because I really love his books. Reminded myself to add book and author features to this blog. Remind myself to make Sherman Alexie and Po Bronson the first two featured authors. Remembered that Powell's Books does an author feature section that I really like on their website. Tore myself away and went back to cleaning.

3:20: Told Mom why I want to go to Blogher. (To network and find people with whom to start some sort of company so if I ever find somebody whose babies I want to have who actually wants me to have their babies, I can do what I do for 5 or 10 or 15 years while our babies are babies to teenagers and have a good situation. Yeah, I'm not 19 anymore. When I was 19, the idea of having somebodies babies was unfathomable. Anyway, Mom said something negative. I got huffy. Went upstairs, showed Mom Sleep is for the weak: the book based on the Mommyblogs. Mom wasn't impressed. She doesn't understand why I read the online journals of women with children. I don't of course, I read the online journals of anybody interesting who writes and whose journal I have time to read. So far, that's people in medical fields, people with horses, and, mostly, married women with children. (Amalah and Halushki share the last link. :) )

We argued a little more. I said never mind, it's okay if no one understands me. Mom went downstairs. I went downstairs and apologized. We talked for an hour about the irresponsible people in the family who are currently dumping all their problems on my Dad. I got mildly upset that he gives me guff about the things I want to do. Note that I've been responsible since I was 12 or so, possibly before then. Also note that we're religious (Muslims, yeah, pretty sure I mentioned it sometime before) and he KNOWS he never has to worry about whether or not I'm doing the right thing. I and my conscience do all that good stuff for him. And yet, with all these good and grown people who can't deal with the messes they make for themselves, and everyone else, I have to deal with crap. Unfair. I carried some boxes downstairs and got some split-pea soup (my favorite, yum yum yum) and crackers.

4:45: Random eating and doing stuff. Logged my underage druid on and helped some guildies with BWL. Realized I like decursing and removing poisons and that my druid will most likely be resto at max level. I am not a melee player. I will probably always be ranged dps at heart, but I think I could like healing too.

6:00: Watched Grey's Anatomy, episode 512, season 5:
"You're wearing an alarmingly high ponytail." hahhahaha

6:15: Mom brought in the mail. All I got was one little thing: my W2!!!!! Can you say TAX RETURN? I hope I get a refund. I hope. I hope. I hope. I wonder if I can file as head of household since I have my own place now. A refund would turn around my cash flow. I don't even need that much to turn it around, but a refund would do it.

6:45: Realized that I made almost 3 times as much money this year as last year. Woot! Alhamdullilah! Yay!

7:00: Realized I will actually be paying taxes this year, even though I'll still get a nice return. Started looking up how much of my tuition the government will credit to me. Stopped because my brain started to hurt. Someone please slap me if I ever start talking about going to law school. At least it looks like I can improve my return by quite a bit with a Lifetime Learning Credit.

7:15: Yoga time!

9:00: Done Yoga. I didn't start on time. This was day 5 of my 60 days of consecutive yoga. I fell asleep after a little more than half the routine the day before, but I'm counting it, because in 55 days I will not care that I missed half a day 4 days in.

My room is still mostly dirty. Sigh.

No comments: