Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Throwing the biological clock against the wall

I think my biological clock is starting to ring. I'm not sure exactly what this means. I don't want kids just yet. I love reading the Mommybloggers, but I'm not quite ready to embark on my own journey of madness, especially since they mention Vodka and Gin and Tonics a lot.... No, I don't think I'm jonesing for little horrors with half my DNA. Eventually, sure, but not for a while.

What then? Company? Probably. The S word that I can't even type for the blush it inspires? (Growing up, that wasn't something you talked about. I guess the home training is strong. I'm linking to the Urban Dictionary definition, which is more like an anti-definition, but gets the point across and makes me laugh. Beware, should you be unfamiliar with UD and stray from the linked page. There be sharks in them thar waters.) Anyway, is that a factor? Umm, probably. Snuggling? For sure. Still, this a bad time and so, I am throwing the alarm at the wall in an effort to silence it. Shhhhh. There isn't anybody around to fulfill that particular void.

Let's enumerate the potentials, shall we:

1) Solicitous Brother: If I'm climbing a tree or carrying a box, and a backpack, and a load of textbooks, he's the one who warns "Sister, you're going to fall". He's the one who asks "Sister, you want some help with that?" It makes my blood boil to be told I'm going to fall out of a tree just because I'm climbing it in a skirt. Seriously. Come on. That's almost as annoying as the Stupid Brother ilk who find it amusing when the girls borrow a football. (We had a most wonderful game of full-contact tackle too. Except I wound up not tackling at all, because the idea of tackling somebody 40 lbs lighter than me and 1 head shorter is frightening.)

2) Crushing dude: No. Just No. And considering that usually the crush stick goes a-beating the other way round, I take this time to apologize to everyone I've ever crushed on. I'm sorry for every incredibly stupid, goofy smile, every "deer-in-the-headlights" stare. If it's any consolation, I couldn't help it. (In plain English, I'm usually the one with the hideous, omg, never-to-be-requited crush. Except, I think maybe I've grown out of crushing in general. And not a moment to soon.) So, I feel for him. But, I am highly, highly, extremely unlikely to ever like him the way he wants me to. Plus, he's younger than me, and I am not into the younger men.

3) TDiL. Bleh. Nothing is happening on that front. Nothing is likely to happen on that front. At least it's not a crush. :D

So, shut up, bioAlarm. You're just going to have to chill a while longer. No snugglies for you.

And back to work. Because I have 45 (39) min to finish this homework or I will miss the bus, and I am not going home before I finish this, Insha'Allah, even if that means sleeping in the library tonight. I don't want to sleep in the library tonight.

No comments: