Friday, October 10, 2008

Whee! Look Mom, I'm blogging at work. It's a slow day here in the halls of techdom, so I have my uber-awesome Gateway P-6831FX, best laptop evar set up next to my work machine.

I shouldn't be this happy. Apparently I am losing not only brain cells but also the drive and ambition to labor in pursuit of grades. I want more! I consider this is a step forward. I actually want to be able to do something when I graduate. I already have a degree Summa Cum Laude. It wouldn't kill me terribly to not have another one. Ok, I lie a little. 2 Summa degrees would be awesome. But, if it's a choice between 2 Summa degrees and one Summa and another that's not but during the pursuit of which I had a life, and friends and stayed weird but got unbroke and spoke to non-work, non-family, non-zomg we-sit-next-to-each-other-in-class-and-periodically have-a-monosyllabic-exchange people on a regular basis it would be worth the very very slight blow to my ego and the inability to brag over my 3.8, 3.75, 3.9 w/e. I'm going for a 3.5. Why 3.5? Because it opens up honors. I'm a girl, my epeen isn't all that important to me.

Anyway, point is, I had a calc exam this morning which I probably bombed. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, probably in part because I raided last night and got enough sleep last night, both vital to my mental happiness. :)

Oh, and I still have some smartness left :D. I taught myself Newton-Raphson method and the other, more basic version of linear approximation in about 20 minutes this morning.

See, that frustrates me a little: If I could just get the efficiency within going before the morning of the exam, how much easier would all this be???

I can't complain though. Raid night was great, despite having to get guildies' friends to come in and fill up the raid. I did get enough sleep. I don't feel tired or grumpy or hormonal and most important...I AM STUDYING.! I'm studying, I want to study, even if I'm not highly effective in my study habits, yet. Yet.

It could be sooo much worse.

No comments: