Tuesday, June 9, 2009

6 words

I don't write near enough anymore, so I'm changing the format a little: 6 words summarizing each day and a paragraph for backstory. I got the idea from this Smith magazine book and the fact that I get too little sleep even when I don't blog.

So here goes today: Parkour rocks, misanthrope already, too bad.


Backstory:

I've been doing parkour at Primal Fitness in DC for most of the time since I stopped blogging. It's an awesome workout (dragging myself around a block at a quasi-run and then doing pushups and pullups awesome) and I like the community around it. They're the sort of people that have a barbeque and all sit on the floor and eat and make you comfortable enough to go sit in the circle and then widen the circle to make room for you when you do. Which doesn't seem like that big a deal, but w/e, it is. Anyway, that's what I've been doing. That and deciding that human relationships are generally annoying and crappy and I'm sick and tired of being peoples' friend substitute, you know, the nice little person they talk to when the people they want to be around aren't available, and therefore I'm ditching people, not that there are that many, and a few I'd rather not ditch, but I'm kinda not nice right now.

I'll be a benign sort of hateful person. Want directions? Fine. Want to ask me what my major is and then sit around awkwardly waiting for someone you know? Bite me. It's been a dramatic, for lack of a better word, first half of the year too, which undoubtedly contributes. Soap opera writers wish my semester would happen to them. They wouldn't have to make up any drama for their shows. :-/ Speaking of which, Glee is awesome, awesome, awesome. Loved it. Want more. Anyway, that's me of the moment.

No comments: